The Nature of the Successful Entrepreneur
What qualities differentiate the successful entrepreneurs from everyone else?
18. Originality: “The secret of business is to know something that nobody else knows.”—Aristotle Onassis
19. Direction: “If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable.”—Lucius Annaeus Seneca
20. Independence and Focus: “Hell, there are no rules here—we’re trying to accomplish something.”—Thomas A. Edison
21. Vision: “The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity.”—Peter Drucker
22. Thirst for knowledge: “What we actually learn, from any given set of circumstances, determines whether we become increasingly powerless or more powerful.”—Blaine Lee
23. Drive: “The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer.“—Nolan Bushnell
24. Flexibility: “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.“—Charles Darwin
25. Dedication: “Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion.”—Jack Welch
Compiled by: AmericanExpress
I don’t think that memorable quotes are a panacea, but I know for sure that I’ve found it heartening to know that giants of business and captains of industry have struggled with the same issues that I face as an entrepreneur.